This position is responsible for assisting the Crew Foreman in daily operations including quality control, training, punctuality and safety. Candidates must also have strong organization skills, ability to complete appropriate paperwork, and possess good leadership and communication skills. The employee will provide quality service that meets or exceeds our customer’s and management’s expectations. The employee will show attention to detail and effectively communicate with subordinates, peers and his/her supervisor. All employees will possess a friendly, customer service minded attitude and will conduct themselves in a professional manor at all times. (Landscape Technician reports directly to the Crew Foreman).
Support the Team in Daily/Weekly tasks:
Daily preparation of trucks, equipment, and inventory
• Report on time to prepare/review the day’s work with the Crew Foreman.
• Load all tools, gas, and other necessary equipment/materials. Secure all equipment safely.
• Check truck oil, fluids, tire pressure, proper trailer connection, and all lights are in working condition.
Perform landscape maintenance tasks on client’s properties.
• Work in conjunction with the Crew Foreman to ensure the work contracted is implemented efficiently and according to the contracted specifications.
• Provide labor associated with the maintenance of all landscapes, including clean-outs.
• Perform all tasks of operations including but not limited to landscape installations, hand weeding, bed edging, hedging, raking and mulch installations.
• Receive openly “on the job” training safety, equipment, technique, etc.
• Proper use of safety equipment, Personal Protective Equipment and practices of the crew.
End of day duties
• Unload/load equipment and material, clean out truck/trailer by removing trash, debris, etc. daily.
• Wash dirty equipment and return to storage location. Report damaged or broken equipment to your manager immediately to get parts on order.
• Fill truck, equipment, and cans with gas in preparation for the next day (or as necessary).
Strict adherence to company’s employee manual & procedures is required from all employees.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.+ consistently throughout the day.
- High attention to detail.
- High ability to deal with ambiguity in a high stress environment while keeping your composure on and off the job.
- Available to work a varied schedule (including some Saturdays) in all adverse weather conditions.
- Stoop, stand and bend for 10 hours or more a day.
- Ability to read & write English, including maps & diagrams.
- Possess a valid drivers licence and clean driving record.
- Drug free work environment.
- High school diploma/GED
- Two or four year college certificate and/or degree in related field is a bonus but not required
- Training provided by employer, but experience is helpful